Thursday, December 19, 2013

Summer in Paraguay Rant

This blog post has been inspired by the insane heat that has officially taken over Paraguay. It is unbearable. I wake up at 6am sweating. I take a cold shower to cool off, but am sweating by the time my clothes are on. I visit a family. We drink tererĂ© while complaining about how hot it is. Between the hours of 11-5 you can find me trying to stay cool. I shower again. Then maybe my feet are in a bucket of cold water. Maybe I have a cold and wet headband on my head. Maybe I am drinking more ice cold tererĂ©. Maybe I am in my hammock, outside, with a fan plugged in via several extension cords to give me a breeze. Maybe I am doing all of the above at the same time and STILL sweating. It never stops. The sun sets around 8 these days, and I am lucky if by then there is a slight breeze. I shower again. I sleep with my windows open, the fan on high. Sometimes, on the really hot days, I can’t even lay still in my bed without sweating. I am lucky if I get a couple of intermittent hours of shut eye. Then, I wake up in the morning at 6, and do it all over again.

In case you were wondering, I hate summer in Paraguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment